YELL is seeking qualified entities to submit a Concept Proposal for YELL 2023 Seed Grant!
YELL aims to localise climate narratives to address knowledge and resource gaps among local young people and strengthen the ecosystem of actors to support and hold the space for youth to engage as agents of change in environmental policy and action.
Interested? We are looking to find new or better ways of instilling environmental stewardship and increasing young people’s contribution to the environment and climate agenda in Malaysia. The grant is expected to support testing and piloting new or unproven approaches and ideas, engaging and inspiring young people into action.
If you aspire or have a project idea that addresses one or more of the following…
- To increase young people’s participation in learning, caring and taking action to protect the environment.
- To increase the capacity of educators, teachers, peers and parents to deliver Environmental Education or Studies.
- To provide more widespread opportunities and entry points for young people to respond to environmental-related issues in a community.
Submit your ideas according to one or more of the following themes!
YELL 2023 Seed Grant themes and focus areas
|– Food waste
To assist you in understanding the requirements of the grant, we have attached the following:
- Malaysia-registered and operating as a non-government organisation / community-based organisation / grassroots organisation (or a similar organisation).
- Non-profit public academic institutions, public research institutions and statutory bodies.
- For-profit entities are only entitled to apply as co-applicants with the applying entity.
- Political- or faith-based organisations are not eligible.
- Applying entities must provide a copy of the certificate of registration and/or similar documents that prove their incorporation and operation as a non-profit.
- Non-legally constituted or non-registered organisations may not submit applications as applying entities. Such entities may submit applications on a joint basis with other interested eligible entities (‘consortium approach’), wherein any agreement will be signed with the eligible entity only.
- Possess a Malaysia-registered bank account.
We will have an Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on the 10th of August, register now at http://bit.ly/yell-seedgrant-AMA2Don’t forget to apply!
In case you are unable to attend the AMA sessions, you can still find out more from:
- Drop us a Direct Message (DM) on the YELL Instagram
- Email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to share your project proposal?
Submit your proposal no later than 1730 hrs (Malaysia time) on 21st of August 2023 to email@example.com and CC to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title ‘Concept Proposal – YELL 2023 Seed Grant.’
Deadline is 17 August 2023 (1730 hrs, Malaysia Local Time)
Note: Applications without completed documents shall not be considered.